1 of the greatest possible degree or extent or intensity; "extreme cold"; "extreme caution"; "extreme pleasure"; "utmost contempt"; "to the utmost degree"; "in the uttermost distress" [syn: utmost(a), uttermost(a)]
2 far beyond a norm in quantity or amount or degree; to an utmost degree; "an extreme example"; "extreme temperatures"; "extreme danger"
3 beyond a norm in views or actions; "an extreme conservative"; "an extreme liberal"; "extreme views on integration"; "extreme opinions"
4 most distant in any direction; "the extreme edge of town"
1 the furthest or highest degree of something; "he carried it to extremes"
- /ɪkˈstɹiːm/, /Ik"stri:m/
- Of a place, the most remote, farthest or outermost.
- At the extreme edges, the coating is very thin.
- In the greatest or
highest degree; intense.
- He has an extreme aversion to needles, and avoids visiting the doctor.
- Excessive, or
far beyond the norm.
- His extreme love of model trains showed in the rails that criscrossed his entire home.
- Drastic, or of
- I think the new laws are extreme, but many believe them necessary for national security.
- Of sports, difficult or dangerous; performed in a
- Television has begun to reflect the growing popularity of extreme sports such as bungee jumping and skateboarding.
- Ultimate, final or last.
of a place, the most remote, farthest or outermost
in the greatest or highest degree; intense
excessive, or far beyond the norm
drastic, or of great severity
of sports, difficult or dangerous; performed in a hazardous environment
archaic: ultimate, final or last
greatest or utmost point, degree or condition
each of the things at opposite ends of a range or scale
- French: extrême
Extreme or Extremes may refer to:
- Extreme (band), an American band, mostly known for its ballad "More than Words"
- Extreme weather, severe or unseasonal weather
- Extreme value, the largest and the smallest element of a set
- Extremism, ideas or actions beyond what is deemed acceptable
- Extreme sport, featuring speed, height, danger or spectacular stunts
- Extremophile, an organism which thrives in or requires "extreme" conditions
- Extreme Associates, a pornographic video and DVD company
- Extreme Programming, also known as XP
- Extreme (marketing), the term as used in advertising and marketing
- Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME, a music video game produced by Konami
- Extreme Championship Wrestling, the former independent promotion that now operates as a brand for World Wrestling Entertainment
- Extreme Paintbrawl, a budget first person shooter that is considered one of the worst games ever
- Extreme, an autobiography by Sharon Osbourne
- Extreme Networks, a California based enterprise level networking hardware company
- Extreme Sports Channel, a Netherlands-based extreme sports television channel available across Europe and the Middle East
- Extreme Records, a record label
- Extremes, a television series
- Extremes (album), a 1994 album by Collin Raye
X-Treme may refer to:
Xtreme or XTREME may refer to:
- Xtreme Beverages, a manufacturer of 100% fruit juices, smoothies, teas and water
- Xtreme Pro Wrestling
- Xtreme (group), a Latin music group
- Xtreme (Album), latin music group Xtreme's self titled album
- XTREME Technologies GmbH, a research corporation between Jenoptik and Ushio for doing EUV lithography research using funds from Intel
extreme in Czech: Extrém
extreme in Polish: Extreme
extreme in Finnish: Extreme (täsmennyssivu)
Draconian, Thule, Ultima Thule, a bit much, abandon, abandoned, abnormal, acme, acute, aggrandized, aggrandizement, all, amplification, amplified, anarchistic, anarcho-syndicalist, apex, apogee, at the height, ballyhoo, ballyhooed, bibulous, big talk, bigoted, bitter end, bizarre, blowing up, bordering, borderline, bottom dollar, boundary, bounding, boundless, boundlessness, bounds, breakaway, burlesque, butt, butt end, caricature, caudal, ceiling, climax, coastal, conclusive, conservative, constrictive, consummation, crapulent, crapulous, crest, crown, culmination, cutting, deep, definitive, depth, desperate, determinant, determinative, determining, different, dilatation, dilation, disproportionate, distant, dizzy, drastic, eccentric, egregious, egregiousness, end, endmost, enhancement, enlargement, enormous, enormousness, eventual, exaggerated, exaggerating, exaggeration, exceedingly, exceptional, exceptionally, excess, excessive, excessiveness, excruciating, exorbitance, exorbitancy, exorbitant, exotic, expansion, exquisite, extraordinarily, extraordinary, extravagance, extravagancy, extravagant, extremely, extremes, extremism, extremist, extremistic, extremity, fabulous, fabulousness, factious, fag end, fanatic, fancy, far out, far-off, farthermost, farthest, farthest bound, farthest off, fierce, final, fringing, frontier, furious, furthermost, furthest, giantism, gigantic, gigantism, gluttonous, gluttony, go to extremes, grandiloquence, grandiloquent, great, greatest, haggard, harsh, height, heightening, hidebound, high, high-flown, highest degree, huckstering, hyperbole, hyperbolic, hyperbolism, hypertrophied, hypertrophy, immoderacy, immoderate, immoderateness, immoderation, in the extreme, incontinence, incontinent, indulgent, inflated, inflation, inordinacy, inordinance, inordinate, inordinateness, insurgent, insurrectionary, intemperance, intemperate, intemperateness, intense, intolerable, irrational, jumping-off place, keen, kooky, last, limbic, liminal, limit, limiting, limits, littoral, magnification, magnified, marginal, maximum, mildly radical, monstrous, monstrousness, most, most distant, moving, mutineering, mutinous, nadir, ne plus ultra, nib, nihilistic, nimiety, notable, noteworthy, nth degree, offbeat, out of bounds, out of sight, outermost, outmost, outrageous, outrageousness, outre, outstanding, overbig, overdeveloped, overdevelopment, overdone, overdrawn, overemphasis, overemphasized, overemphatic, overenthusiastic, overestimated, overestimation, overgreat, overgreatness, overgrown, overgrowth, overindulgence, overindulgent, overindulging, overkill, overlarge, overlargeness, overmuch, overmuchness, overpraised, overreligious, oversold, overstated, overstatement, overstressed, overweening, overwrought, overzealous, peak, perfervid, piercing, pink, pinnacle, poignant, point, polar, pole, prodigal, prodigality, profuse, profuseness, puffed, puffery, puffing up, queer, rabid, radical, radicalism, rebel, rebellious, red, remarkable, remotest, restrictive, revolutional, revolutionary, revolutionist, rigid, rigorous, rimming, riotous, rough, seditionary, seditious, self-indulgent, sensationalism, severe, sharp, skirting, splitting, steep, stern, stiff, stretched, stretching, strict, stringent, stub, stump, subversive, summit, superlative, swing, swinish, syndicalist, tag, tag end, tail, tail end, tall talk, terminal, terminating, terminative, the whole, threshold, tip, too much, too-muchness, top, tough, touted, touting, towering, traitorous, travesty, treasonable, turbulent, ultimate, ultra, ultra-ultra, ultraconservative, ultraist, ultraistic, ultrazealous, unbridled, uncommon, uncompromising, unconscionable, unconscionableness, unconstrained, uncontrolled, unconventional, undisciplined, undue, undueness, unfrugal, unlimited, unmeasurable, unmeasured, unreasonable, unreasonableness, unrestrained, unrestrainedness, unthrifty, unusual, unusually, unwarranted, utmost, utmost extent, uttermost, vehement, venomous, very, violent, virulent, vivid, way out, weird, wild, wild-eyed, wild-looking, worst, zealotic, zenith